Monday, December 13, 2004

the sick people diet.

I wonder if it is the bland food that makes you lose your appetite or the loss of appetite that makes your food taste bland.



My grandmother has made sure that I make a good recovery and so she has bought a snakehead fish, which is traditionally believed to be good for healing. Old wives’ tale or truth, I’m not sure. Nonetheless, my diet for the last 4 days has been very exciting. I have been served snakehead sliced fish soup (occasionally with chicken) with a choice of carbohydrates: wholemeal bread, rice noodles, rice or porridge. Needless to say, I haven’t been eating much, and I’m starting to wonder about the causal relationship between the bland food and my appetite. Perhaps i should insist on really tasty things being put through a blender and fed through a straw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home