Friday, December 31, 2004

My Good Friend Amanda’s Chocolate Fondue

For my birthday this year, my dear friend Amanda bought me a chocolate fondue set. I suspect that it was a gift with a lot of vested interest as when she gave it to me, she said “Now we can have chocolate fondue during your dinner parties!” So after sitting in its box for about half a year, we finally got down to having chocolate fondue for dessert today. The set came with these really cute number labeled skewers so that you could identify your piece of fruit while it was submerged in the dark ocean of chocolate, but despite having these forklike skewer things, we had really clumsy people who kept dropping losing their pieces of fruit. It was good fun and after a while I think we had a little chocolate-sugar high and everyone was happy and smiling.



I made dinner and Amanda brought the fondue things, so this is the recipe for fondue that we put together:

Chocolate Fondue Mix:

500g Dark Cooking Chocolate
500g Milk Chocolate
3-4 tablespoons of Nutella
Milk to desired thickness

Dippers:

Bananas
Pineapple
Mango
Grapes
Strawberries
Peanuts and Almond mix

We were all pretty excited that by the time the chocolate was at it perfect consistency and texture, our stomachs were maxed out as we ate it while the chocolate was too runny; too lumpy was like molten lava and missed it when it was perfect, nonetheless it was good chocolate fun. Next time round, we’ll get it perfect.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm still thinking about the gorgeous choc we had! Also, I forgot to bring home the choc for my eclairs! Boo Hoo!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try marshmallows... spear one, dip it in the chocolate, then roll the chocolated marshmallow in shredded coconut (toasted, if you're not too lazy!). Like a Mounds bar! mmmm.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any idea where can i buy a chocolate fondue set in singapore?
thank.

1:18 PM  
Blogger joone! said...

hi lala,
mine is from bodum, and i believe can be purchased at either CK Tangs or Taka.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home