Saturday, December 18, 2004

Kitchen Experiments: Chocolate Chip Cookies


I can’t really remember when was the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie so I thought I’d bake some for the throngs of people that will be streaming in and out of the house over the next week. Anyway, I have been home the whole week that I have been bored to bits so I turned to my kitchen for some sanity.




Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies:

125g unsalted butter, soften
150g brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 egg
250g self-raising flour
190 dark chocolate bits

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.

Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Fold in flour, then chocolate bits.

Roll heaped teaspoon measures of mixture into balls and place on baking trays. Flatten balls slightly with a fork coated in flour. Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes, until golden, swapping trays on shelves after 10 minutes. Cool on a rack.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh me goodness.. a perfectly normal recipie!!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home