Saturday, December 25, 2004

My Mastercard Moment!

I guess the person that has the most influence in my life would be my mother. She’s taught me a lot of things about food, despite her lack of physical presence in the kitchen but her declaration for her love of cooking. One of the biggest lessons perhaps she has taught me is being generous and to joy of cooking and feeding others. I love feeding people and the joy from that is priceless.

This was probably one of the biggest dinner parties I have thrown. Somehow the guest list gained a life of its own and grew to a size of 18, so it was quite a challenge cooking for the whole mob of people that had to squeeze into my tiny house. I didn’t have enough table space and I wasn’t going to go out to buy a new table just to sit everyone, so I decided to have a table full of hors d’oeuvres instead which is kind of classy and fun. I love hors d’oeuvres. There is just something about them being bite size. Maybe it is because I’m a small person and so I like small things and I think small things are nice. I don’t really know. So this is the list of my hors d’oeuvres that I served:



Wasabi Prawns
Falafels
Green and Red Jello Shots – Tequila Lime and Strawberry Vodka
Mediterranean Vegetables on Potato Nest
Frozen Vodka Watermelon Cubes
Salmon on Scrambled Egg Toast
Assorted Homemade Cookies
Assorted Chips

Well, it was a little crazy cooking for the mob of 18, but I had help from two others, and for me, the look of everyone after a good happy meal, that’s priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home