Thursday, July 31, 2008

La Strada and their Carbonara

La Strada
#02-10 Shaw Centre

1 Scotts Road
Tel: 6737-2622


La Strada and their carbonara. Or maybe it is just me and the a few weeks of a slight manic obsession with la strada carbonara. I’m an eggy person. I usually can’t resist not ordering any dish off a menu that reads “… with a poached egg”. And whilst gleaning through the usual blog roll I came across a picture of La Strada’s Carbonara and I was sold. I love pasta. I love ham and the truffles were a bonus. But it was that precariously perched poached egg on the mount of tangled noodles that really what caught my attention.

But it was not meant to be. For two weeks in a row I’ve gone to La Strada but in vain. Out of sheer determination, I’ve been suggesting La Strada as the dinner location to friends for dinners but alas, I haven’t ordered the carbonara.

Just last week I suffered a bout of sickness that is a little gross to describe so let’s just call it a bout of sickness. Sick I was but I had a dinner appointment with people whom I really wanted to meet so I still went out to dinner with strict instructions from the doctor, for the next few days you cannot have any chilli, dairy and eggs and porridge is the best form of food. To which I replied, “NO EGGS?! I love eggs.” After which the nurse just laughed at me. Oh well. So to La Strada but no eggs and no dairy, hmm… ok no carbonara for me.

As for this week, I am well and healthy and consuming a healthy amount of an egg a day but ivn ordered it for his pasta dish … so for variety sake I ordered the hand-cut pasta with mud crab that is sautéed in olive oil, garlic, fresh chillies and white wine, a worthy substitute.

I, however my second visit, have finally tasted this pasta that I have been coveting. I had two generous forkful twirls of the pasta that had a smooth mouth feel and truffle scent that then easily glided down my throat.

Ok, that was worth the wait and a return.

* credit to ivn for the photos.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Singapore said...

i adore la strada's cabonara!! when i go there and decide to try something new, i enjoy my new dish, but wistfully long for the cabonara mmmm.

anything with a runny yolk dribbled all over it is the best dish

2:43 PM  
Blogger gilly said...

hey i love reading about the things you eat!

i just wish you would blog more! :D

but good on you! :D

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you only had one pasta? been hearing good comments abt La strada, but they are not exactly cheap eh? haha

10:44 PM  
Blogger superfinefeline said...

I wanna eat Carbonara, I wanna eat Carbonara! :P

9:09 PM  
Anonymous germaine said...

I really must check this place out! looks good from your review! :) Great pics btw!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home