Sunday, September 11, 2005

Easy-Peasy Banana Tart

This is probably one of the easiest and fastest desserts I have made. My original plan was to make an apple tart, but I had bunch of bananas lying around that were threatening to rot and be wasted and so I decided to try a little tropical banana tart instead. It turned out wonderful and with the little amount of sugar added in the dessert, it doesn’t seem too guilty. I sliced mine up like a pizza and so it was like having sweet pizza. Swwweeeet.

Easy-Peasy Banana Tart
Serves 4-6



Ingredients:

Store bought 375g puff pastry
4-5 bananas
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Cinnamon powder for dusting

Directions:


Roll out the puff pastry as thin as possible.

Cut a 9-10inch size circle using a dinner plate or smaller circles for individual portions. (I simply used my tart tin and used it as my dough cutter.)

Slice bananas into ½ cm thick slices. Lay out the banana slices on the puff pastry, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 230 degree Celsius for 10-15 minutes.

Dust with cinnamon powder and serve with a scoop of ice cream.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee! Easy to make recipe indeed! Sounds & looks gd too.

5:15 PM  
Blogger joone! said...

Indeed it was easy! You should try it sometime!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home