Sunday, March 25, 2012

Saving spotted bananas - the ultimate transformation


I’m a little late getting to the frozen banana party. But better late than never.

I’ve long been a fan of freezing fruits to beat the heat. In my freezer are always tubs of cubes of overripe mangoes but not frozen bananas. Usually I keep them in the fridge where they turn a scary black and then they would eventually find themselves into a banana bread or cake. But today I have found an even better use of those spotted bananas – the one ingredient healthy banana ice cream recipe.

It really doesn’t come any simpler than this. No ice cream maker needed. No milk needed. No cream needed. No eggs needed. No sugar needed. No measuring required. Just bananas. Sounds bananas? Not so, just follow these steps and I’m pretty sure you’ll be making this again and again.

I had three spotted bananas lying around, so my recipe calls for three.

Ingredients:
Super ripe bananas

Method:
1. Peel and slice bananas and place them on a plate lined with baking paper (baking paper is optional but this makes it easier to remove from the plate).



2. Freeze bananas until frozen (about 2 hours).



3. Transfer the frozen banana slices to the food processor and process. Stop and scrape down the sides occasionally. The banana mixture will first turn to a crumble, keep processing until it forms a smooth creamy texture.



4. Scoop and serve.

Go bananas!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Architectural 3D Modeling said...

good blog

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home