Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Savouring Saigon



Over the weekend, I slipped away to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) to visit a friend, and our mission for that weekend was simple – to eat, and to eat our hearts out. It was a pity that my dear friend was a little ill and down with a serious bout of food poisoning while I was there. That however did little in derailing me from my mission which remained the same, to eat, while hers, with much regret had to alter to food voyeurism.

There is plenty to eat – local delights litter the street in the form of street vendors, but if you think you don’t have an iron stomach, there is now a growing chain of Pho cafés. The French presence is still there in the form of the bistros, cafés, patisseries, and if you feel the need to splurge, there are also fine restaurants for you to dine in. I didn’t make it to the fine restaurants because I felt I wanted to exploit the fact that the city has numerous reasonably priced bistros, and I wanted to enjoy the places that my wonderful host wanted bring me to.

Coming up will be my report on savouring Saigon. These are the spots that I have nibbled and will submit my scribblings on:

Augustine Restaurant
La Fourcette
Quan An Ngon
Fanny Ice Cream
Skewers
Pho 24
Saigon Saigon Bar
Au Parc

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh sounds interesting! cant wait for your posts to be up!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home