Friday, May 13, 2005

Original Sin – A night-out in the Garden of Eden

Blk 43 #01-62
Jalan Merah Saga,
Chin Bee Gardens
Tel: 64755605

I usually make a face if you tell me you are a vegetarian because it’s difficult to cook for vegetarians and I who only started eating and enjoying vegetables in the last 5 or so years of my life cannot imagine a life without meat. Imagine life without duck confit or a black and blue steak. I actually think that people won’t be as nice if there wasn’t good food in the world. Nonetheless, vegetarians are people, grass eating people, but people still, and so I still count a few of them my friends, but that hasn’t stopped me from making faces at them and calling them after the name of sprouts.

A girlfriend of mine was celebrating her birthday and since she is vegetarian and was going to pick up the tab, we were obliged to cater to her needs and so we found ourselves dining under the moonlight/streetlight along the sidewalks of Jalan Merah Saga at original sin. It was a Wednesday night and I was surprised that the restaurant was rather crowded, maybe we are becoming more health conscious as a nation and so vegetables are in. I enjoyed my dinner, although I feel a little veg-ed out, the ambience, service and food made it a pleasant evening.


Bosco Misto

Nosh: Needless to say, but I shall state the obvious, but sorry guys, there isn’t any meat here. However, here in this garden of Eden, there is a reasonable range of choices for you to compose your vegetable medley. A copy of their menu is also available online, so you can browse and decide on what you want to order before going, pictures are also available, which I think it fabulous, so you have a rough idea of what they are going to serve you.

For starters, we shared a mezze plate which we all reached in and more or less raped the plate of its pita bread and dips, there was almost a slight symphony in the movement of our various hands from the pita bread basket to your selected dip, into your mouth and then the repeated motion, but most probably to the next dip of choice.

For the next course, I had the moussaka which was a nice mush of flavours. However the star of the night was the bosco misto which is a mouth-watering spinach, feta and tofu patties smothered in a mushroom ragout marbled with a delectable plum sauce. When glancing through the menu I didn’t give the bosco misto a second look because to me it sounded weird, but it really tasted good and I’m definitely ordering that the next time I’m there.

Pay: S$40 a person for 3 courses

Raves: You must have the bosco misto. The service was also pleasant; they had a good knowledge of their menu and were attentive. Highly recommended if you need to take your veggie loving friends out.

1 Comments:

Blogger LiquidShaDow said...

I've been there once. For a meat lover, I entirely enjoyed dinner. Was expensive, but damn good.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home