Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lunch Express Yaki Soba

I had some leftover miso paste lying around in the fridge and since my fridge is simply bursting at its seams, I was looking for a way to finish using it so I could free up a few more precious inches in that fridge of mine. So I invited someone over for lunch, somehow that’s more of an incentive for me to cook. Since I just finished reading my Wagamama book, this is probably semi-wagamama inspired but with a twist of my personality and favourite flavours.



Serves 2:

200g soba noodles
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red chili, trimmed, deseeded and finely sliced
2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger root
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
4 shiitake mushrooms, cut into 1cm slices
clump of enoki mushrooms, about the size of your fist, broken up
1 large cloud ear/ black fungus
2 chicken breast thinly sliced
2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
3 tablespoons of miso paste mixed with ½ tablespoon of sake
toasted sesame seeds

Directions:

Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain refresh under cold running water and mix in miso paste.

Heat a wok over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking and add the vegetable oil. Add the sliced red chili and grated granger and stir fry for 15-20 seconds, then add the chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add in cloud ear, and mushrooms, stir fry for another minute and add in noodles and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes till everything looks well mixed. Season to taste.

Plate up, sprinkle with loads of toasted sesame seeds and spring onions, serve and EAT!

The great thing about this dish is that we probably managed to put everything together in about 20 minutes inclusive of cooking time! Other than that, in case you are wondering why i have a cluster of soba related recipes, I LOVE SOBA, and i think everyone should too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home