Menu for Hope III
Help to feed the hungry and give others hope for a better tomorrow. Menu for Hope III kicked off yesterday and this year Pim of Chez Pim is raising money for the United Nation’s World Food Programme, which has been feeding the hungry since 1962. The concept is simple, every small part counts, but everyone has to pitch in: Pim asked food bloggers to help out by pledging a prize for a raffle lottery, and we need you to buy raffle tickets!
Every $10 (USD) donation buys you a raffle ticket for a specific prize, so you will have to specify which prize you desire, and if you really really really want that specific prize, buy more tickets! Money raise through the ticket sales will do to the United Nation’s World Food Programme.
Menu Degustation - Tasting Menus of New Asia Cuisine by Anderson Ho (Prize code: AP41)
I’ve pledged the book Menu Degustation – Tasting Menus of New Asia Cuisine by Anderson Ho. I chose this book for two reasons. The first is that Anderson Ho is a local chef. Trained in French cuisine with an acute sense of taste and intuition about Asian ingredients, he combines elements of the east and west on a plate, echoing the theme of partnership, which is what I feel this fundraising project is about. The third reason is that I had one of my best meals in Singapore a few months back at his half a year old restaurant in Singapore after being off the culinary radar for a number of years. My first two experiences there were good but nothing too extraordinary, but the third was when Anderson found his true form where he served us a five course dinner that left us silenced and savouring every last morsel on the plate. Plus, the book is cleverly organised to pre-planned tasting menus that you can cook a delicious dinner for your guests or the recipes can also be used individually.
So, here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII
2. Make a donation, each US$10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of US$50 can be 2 tickets for AP01 and 3 for AP02.
3. For US donors, if your company has agreed to match your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the results of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
Click these other links for more prizes and details:
The main page at Chez Pim.
The Asia-Pacific round-up at Grab Your Fork and also the wonderful contributions of my fellow Singaporean Chubby Hubby who is offering irresistible prizes.